GIFT WRAPPED MORTGAGES LTD COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
We recognise that from time to time misunderstandings can happen and that this can lead to a complaint.
We are determined to resolve such situations as quickly and as efficiently as possible to your complete satisfaction. Our reputation is at stake and we treat any instance with the upmost seriousness and priority.
Complaints may be written or oral. We do not set rules on what constitutes a complaint, if the matter is something you think needs to be brought to our attention then we will treat it with due seriousness. Where you have concerns over any aspect of our advice or service to you we welcome the opportunity to investigate the matter, discuss the findings and to resolve things amicably.
David Pulsford our Managing Director will personally investigate any complaint and make it his priority to resolve matters quickly and amicably. As soon as we are aware of a verbal or written complaint it will immediately be passed to David for thorough investigation. However, should the complaint be directed against David himself another Director will also be involved.
We reserve the right to refer a complaint to another firm, if appropriate, where we believe any fault has been caused, for example, by the service provided by an involved third party.
We will take the following key steps to investigate and resolve the complaint;-
- Review of the file/paperwork and facts
- Speak to relevant individuals involved
- Record the outcome/recommendation in writing
- If changes or improvements to procedures are required we will make it clear how things will change in future
Because we wish to resolve matters as soon as possible we will respond to complaints sooner than the prescribed FSA rules (all deadlines apply from the date the original complaint is received)
- Written acknowledgement within 4 working days – to include
- a written summary of this our internal complaints procedure
- a summary of our understanding of the exact nature of your complaint
- confirmation of your right to refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Scheme (FOS) if you are unhappy with our final response or if you do not receive a final response within 4 weeks
- confirmation of the 6 month deadline for contacting the FSA from the date of the final response
- Further holding letter or final response within 2 weeks
- Final of other response within 4 weeks
We will use the telephone to ensure you are regularly kept informed between these timescales - we will record a synopsis of such conversations and where possible use e mail to confirm our understanding.
Copies of all correspondence, telephone notes and e mails will be kept in an individual file for any complaint.
We will record any complaint in a specific Complaint Log by date, name, nature, and justification along with confirmation of response dates and outcome.
The Managing Director will take responsibility for recommending, implementing and recording procedural change where appropriate.
All customers are made aware of the availability of this our complaints procedure in our Initial Disclosure Document – about our services. This document is also available on our website www.giftwrappedmortgages.co.uk. Copies of our complaints procedure is also available upon request and automatically enclosed with any initial response to a complaint.
We are required to report all complaints to the Financial Services Authority (FSA) twice a year.
Contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service on the right hand side of this page.